Monday, December 21, 2009

Art's Baptism

This past weekend was very important for us. Art was baptized in the Catholic Church. We were very lucky to share our big event with the 5:30 PM mass so the parish joined us during our celebration. What a glorious day!
Here's Father Michael giving him a blessing. I love how Art is looking at him.


Art did very well during the entire mass. Our guests said that he was smiling and laughing during all of the action. He got a little fussy toward the end of mass, but wasn't too loud.


I meant for the cake to be light blue so when I went to pick it up, I was a little shocked at the bold color. I guess I shouldn't assume someone knows what I want if I tell them blue icing!

Here are Art's Godparents, Angie and Ben, post baptism. We realized that we didn't get a good picture with them all gussied up and him in his Christening gown. Angie was the maid of honor in our wedding and Ben is her husband. Angie and I have been best friends since birth (28 years!). We have kept in touch since I moved away from Dallas when we were 5 years old. We are so lucky that our parents shuttled us to each others homes each year since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment