Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week to Remember

Every weekend, I look back and say, "what DID we do this past week?"  I did pretty well capturing events from this past week so here is a quick overview of our activities.

On Sunday, we had a tennis end of season event.  It was gorgeous outside and I decided to dress Art in shoes.
His shirt says, "Daddy's Wing Man"

He loves to kick his feet when he wears shoes.  It must be the weight of them that intrigues him.

He decided to chew on my foot and I had to get a picture.

The neighborhood where we play tennis has a baby swing.  He enjoyed the ride and we hope to get out in the spring so he can swing more.  (I really hope we can find a new home so we can attach one of these to a deck or get a playset for him!)

Daddy is making him laugh by pulling on the racket.


Getting ready for bathtime.

He has graduated from the baby tub.  I tried bathing him on my own with him sitting in the big tub, but he lunged forward and gulped some water.  It scared both of us.  We decided to get this tub and boy, is it fun! It is perfect for him so he can play with his toys.  He already likes bathtime, but it makes it more enjoyable for everyone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Monday, Gigi mentioned my name and Rowan was running around the house asking for "Winnie" (it's what we told her to call me). They took a trip over to visit. 
Both babies needed to relax so Gigi is reading a naptime story.

At lunch, we let Arthur taste some clementines.  He usually doesn't like the mesh feeder, but loved the oranges.  I let Rowan feed him.  She kept trying to take it away, but started to understand that it wasn't polite. 

Once he was finished, he was a sticky mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Tuesday, we met Natalie and Cullen for a walk down at Piedmont Park.  I didn't time it too well so he got hungry halfway along the path.  By the time I fed Art, Cullen was hungry.  We called it quits and ate lunch earlier than planned. It was in the 70s that day so it was beautiful.  We sat outside for lunch!



Since I didn't feel like I got a good workout in, I was motivated to go explore another new park on Tuesday.  We ran at the East Cobb Park, but the loop was too short so we went along Roswell Rd.  There was a nice wide 5' path there.

2 comments:

  1. How do you like the mesh feeder? I'd never seen anything like it, but I picked it up today to put ice cubes in for Nathan's teething. I thought putting food in it would be strange. Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is REALLY difficult to clean. Let me know if you find a good way to do so. I have only tried grapes and oranges in it. He doesn't quite get the concept of chewing/sucking and I think is too focused on the texture of the mesh. We had to squish the oranges so they were oozing already. He did like them then. We'll have to try ice cubes to help him learn.

    ReplyDelete