Monday, June 14, 2010

More Food

I wonder if I have grossed you out enough and hopefully I have not scared you away from the blog.  He seems to be doing funny things while he eats so I love getting pictures.

We finished all of the baby food purees this week and didn't think it was necessary to make any more so we have officially graduated to table food.  I am not ready for this!  I was afraid that I was raising the picky kid because he wouldn't eat some of the food that I cooked especially for him. For example, I have tried on 4 different occasions to feed him a scrambled egg yolk - no win.  I made toast with homemade strawberry jelly - no win. I tried to feed him yogurt 3 different times - no go.  I am determined to not give up (the taurus in me) so I kept going.  Here is an album of some of our recent victories!

I tried shredded grilled chicken which he refused at first, but then ate some.  I think he wants to see me eat it first.  He must have seen me eat it in a salad so he thought it was ok.  I actually got some Chick-fil-a tenders the other night.  He ate a few pieces of his shredded chicken, but then made his fussy noise when I was biting into the chicken strip.  He stopped when I fed it to him.  He LOVED it and wanted more.  I pretty much had to give him the rest of the one in the picture.  He's grimacing because he is thinking really hard.

Funny story too, he bit off a large piece.  When I told him to spit it out, he laughed at me and kept chewing.  I didn't want him to choke so I gave up.  It would be ironic that he would choke when I was trying to keep him from choking!  He loves to defy me.  

Chick-fil-a is VERY family friendly so you can find us there pretty often.  (I was able to get a taste of the new spicy chicken sandwich and it is amazing!  There service is fantastic and I couldn't say enough about the place.)

Back to the blog, here he is tasting some icedream.   I usually let him have a taste and then regret doing so because he'll make noises until you give him more. You have to hide it from him if you don't want him to have anymore.

Here's another favorite.  Watermelon.  I tried feeding him little bite sized pieces, but he would have no part of it.  I finally gave him a chunk and he loves it (you've probably seen the video).  He usually stuffs his mouth.  During this meal, he bit off so much that part of it fell out of his mouth.  The picture shows such a huge chunk that he can't even close his mouth.

Someone mentioned to feed him meatballs so we made some stuffed shells with meatballs.  He ate the leftovers for lunch and devoured all of it.  The meatballs were done first and the pasta was eaten soon after.  That was a very messy meal.

After a birthday party last weekend, we went to our favorite BBQ joint, Fat Matt's Rib Shack. (my mouth waters even just typing the name!) Before this day, he was finicky about all of his foods.  I decided to give it a try and feed him some pulled pork and baked beans.  He looked at me like I was crazy at first, but once he tried it, he kept coming back for more.  I didn't have any disposable placemats so you can see I had to create a makeshift plate which is actually a tupperware lid.  I held it for him so he could pick up his food.

He was a mess, but loved the food. 

So, looks like he's no longer a picky eater.  He still loves goldfish and cheerios but at least he tries other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment