Monday, August 30, 2010

Birthday Party--Take 1

The weekend of Arthur's birthday, we had our Destino family reunion in Mooresville, NC at my aunt and uncle's house on Lake Norman.  It was awesome to celebrate with all of the family.   

Here he is in his 12 month fancy birthday outfit. I guess it is supposed to fit a child that is a little larger than the 25th percentile for height and weight.

Here is my birthday cake to Art.  (Brian made a different one a little later on.)

Here were some leftover cupcakes so we got a little creative.

Party favors fit for a weekend on the lake.

They were very useful.

My fantastic cake decorators, Lauren, Dana, and Kristin

Here he is opening his gifts.

He needed a bit of help because he didn't know what he was doing.

We are singing to him.  It looks like he is excited about the cake.

This is what he looked like after cake. Seriously...

He was NOT at all interested in eating his cake.  I even tried putting some on his lips and he wanted no part of it.  He turned away and wailed.  I guess he was worn out.  I was hoping for the smash cake experience on his first birthday, but I should have been happy he refused the sugar. 

This picture makes up for it.  Rowan loved the cake (or maybe just the icing).

No comments:

Post a Comment