Friday, October 1, 2010

Sick Days

He got a fever on Wednesday afternoon and I wasn't sure if it was a fluke thing.  Luckily, we didn't have any plans with any babies, but we did go to dinner with one of my college buddies.  He got a balloon from Publix  and fell asleep in the car. 

Funny thing is that he is still holding the balloon even while sleeping!

On Thursday, he woke up with a fever again. We had to cancel our plans of going to the play gym.  It was around 101 and I called the nurses' line to make sure I didn't need to do anything. I kept giving him acetaminofen to keep the fever down, but at 2:30 it got to 103.2 so I called the nurses again.  They said to bring him in.  I frantically rushed to the doctor because you hear the stories about brain damage and I got worried.

Here he is in the car on the way to the doctor.  He looks like he feels yucky.  He fell asleep holding his water.


I tried to get a picture of him asleep with his drink, but he lost his grip, the cup fell, and it woke him up. 

When we got to the doctor, his temperature was at 104!  It seemed like the doctor took an eternity to get to the room.  He checked him and didn't see anything else wrong with him.  He had a "viral infection."  Ugh...Glad there is nothing majorly wrong, but all that for no conclusion.

He woke up several times last night with chills or burning hot.  I guess he's exhausted because he's still asleep now!  Say a little prayer for us today.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh poor baby. Give him lots of hugs and kisses for us. Fevers are no fun. :(

    ReplyDelete