Monday, May 17, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever...

We have a new family tradition! Yesterday we went to Oxford, Georgia to pick some strawberries. It was so much fun to look at the field and also search for the perfect ones. Art had a fantastic time tasting all of the berries.
The farm was like driving over to someone's backyard and picking the fruits from their bushes.  It was not commercial at all!

Art's first taste of a fresh strawberry.  His first teeth came in quite handy. 

He was my berry picking partner and kept trying to grab them out of the bucket.

Nanny and Aunt Kathleen were begging to see him so he visited for a while.

Mom and Aunt Ilene picking some fruit.

Don't they look beautiful?

We picked 8 in all.  4 baskets were divided between my mom and me.  I have to get cooking so pass strawberry recipes my way!

Uncle Wayne put him in the back of the truck.

The kids LOVED the strawberries.  You can see Art is grabbing for one right now.

All strawberries lost the battle here. Art was covered in the juice though.  Luckily, I have learned to always be prepared.

Can't wait to go again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment